What is an invoice item?
An invoice item is a description of the work you charge your customers. It can be an hourly rate, a magazine article, a photo shoot, translated words, etc. It can generally be reusable from one customer to another.
How do I create an invoice item?
You can enter it directly on an invoice or a quote. If it does not already exist, it will be automatically added to your settings. Otherwise, go to your settings, under the Invoices tab, then Invoice Items.
How do I delete an invoice item?
- Go to your settings
- Click on the Invoices tab, and then click "Invoice items".
- Click on an item and then you can delete it.
- Note that it will not be possible to delete it if it is used on one of your current entries.
How do I add a custom rate?
- Go to your settings, and click on "Invoice items" under the Invoices tab.
- Then, by clicking on "Edit" you can add custom rates, per customer.
- You can also click on "Create an invoice item" and from there, add a custom rate.
I work flat-rate. How do I proceed ?
Enter "1" as the quantity, create a billing item that describes the work done and enter the lump sum on the "rate" line.